On this blog you can find my ramblings about the baby Dear Jane's® (all 225 patterns).


I will regularly post a picture about the ‘babies’ that have been constructed. Each block is unique and belong to its maker, Jane A. Stickle, they are all derived from the original ‘mother’ quilt:

‘In War Times 1863 Pieces 5602 Jane A. Stickle’.

Dear Jane® Progress

Dear Jane Status

                             
  A-1 A-2 A-3 A-4 A-5 A-6 A-7 A-8 A-9 A-10 A-11 A-12 A-13  
  B-1 B-2 B-3 B-4 B-5 B-6 B-7 B-8 B-9 B-10 B-11 B-12 B-13  
  C-1 C-2 C-3 C-4 C-5 C-6 C-7 C-8 C-9 C-10 C-11 C-12 C-13  
  D-1 C-2 D-3 D-4 D-5 D-6 D-8 D-9 D-10 D-11 D-12 D-13  
  E-1 E-2 E-3 E-4 E-5 E-9 E-10 E-11 E-12 E-13  
  F-1 F-2 F-3 F-4 F-10 F-11 F-12 F-13  
  G-1 G-2 G-3 G-4 G-11 G-12 G-13  
  H-1 H-2 H-3 H-4 H-5 H-9 H-10 H-11 H-12 H-13  
  I-1 I-2 I-3 I-4 I-5 I-6 I-8 I-9 I-10 I-11 I-12 I-13  
  J-1 J-2 J-3 J-4 J-5 J-6 J-7 J-8 J-9 J-10 J-11 J-12 J-13  
  K-1 K-2 K-3 K-4 K-5 K-6 K-7 K-8 K-9 K-10 K-11 K-12 K-13  
  L-1 L-2 L-3 L-4 L-5 L-6 L-7 L-8 L-9 L-10 L-11 L-12 L-13  
  M-1 M-2 M-3 M-4 M-5 M-6 M-7 M-8 M-9 M-10 M-11 M-12 M-13  
                             

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Dear Jane Circle

Last year the idea was born. It was about March. I posted a call for participants to set-up / join a Dear Jane Circle. No one was interested, so I joined the Dear Jane club in Zutphen. Lucky for me there were still some vacancies. So Mirjam (no blog) and I signed-up. Around May last year I received  an e-mail from Juud, who was in the States at the time,  asking me how much fabric she would need for the Dear Jane. Yes, she had changed her mind and wanted to make the Dear Jane quilt. A little later I even got an second e-mail asking if I would ask Gerda if she and her sister could join the Dear Jane club too. It still took another couple of months, but in September we had the first Dear Jane Circle. In February 2012, the group of Janiac’s has now grown to 8 members. Actually, it is only 7, as we have one SBS-er in our midst. Yes, that is Berna.

Saturday, we came together again in Ulft. Loved my drive to the country, to the outback of Netherlands. For people living in the Netherlands, it was a long drive, 1 hour and 15 minutes. If I continued driving a little longer I would in Germany!

2012_02_11_DJcircleUlft1

LZ (Juud her sister) has a great home. Absolutely love this! Love the little Amish figurines and wooden thread spools.  

IMG_8244

A bunch of hyacinths.  Did you know that this Dutch Hyacinth was so popular in the 18th century that over 2,000 cultivars were cultivated in the Netherlands. We are actually the chief commercial producer of this flower! This hyacinth has a single dense spike of fragrant flowers in shades of red, blue, white, orange, pink, violet, or yellow. I like the violet ones on the table!

IMG_8243

My work basking in the sun.

IMG_8245

What is wrong in this picture? Yes, I’ve done it again. I’ve sewn the block on wrong. The sashing should be on the right side of the block. You would nearly start to think I do it on purpose. The other Janiac’s had a good laugh, at my expense Yawn.

IMG_8249

All fixed!  Surprise

IMG_8250

I love the feeling of laying out a finished block and the sense of accomplishment that comes with it. I don’t mind unpicking my work, if the end result isn’t quiet what I tried to achieve. I aspire to make it just perfect for me and so I ignore the kind words of fellow quilters who think it is perfect enough.

Look, I’ve sewn nine baby Jane’s together. It is starting to look like a quilt!

IMG_8264

Next to fabric, the needle and thread, the seam ripper from Clover is fast becoming one of my favourite tools.  Yes, ladies, I even have two! You didn’t know that, did you?

IMG_8265

The next weeks, I’ll continue working on putting on the sashings on all the baby Jane’s I’ve done. Once I’ve done that I will start on my next block. This will most likely be F9.

Helen, the quiltmaker.

9 comments:

  1. Loved seeing the pictures of your circle - especially the action shots. We ladies know how to have a good time! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Je bent al lekker op gang! Leuk clubje hebben jullie. En je eigen stijl, beter kun je toch niet hebben?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Het was een heerlijke dag waar ik altijd weer energie van krijg. Gelukkig is het allemaal goed gekomen met het sjd&^%*$^$$-BLOKJE. Ik heb er niet over geschreven hoor. haha.
    Fijne zondag (met naald en draad) en tot morgen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leuke blog! En vooral doen waar jij je goed bij voelt! Ignore the others! Fijne zondag!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. je blokjes zijn prachtig Helen!!!..
    en wat zal het weer gezellig geweest zijn....
    Fijne dag

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pictures! Thank you for sharing! I'm working on a Dear Jane quilt also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!! It is so gratifying to be able to put some Baby Janes together, isn't it? What fun to get together in real life with Janiacs. Nobody near me is working on one, so I have to rely on the Internet for Janiac companionship. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ojee,Helen,ik lees steeds dat je blokjesfouten maakt,waar zit je met je gedachten??? Balen voor je, hoor!!!
    En leuk dat je naar Munchen gaat, mooie stad, hoor!!! Maar je moet er wel eerst voor spreken...nou ja..ook niet erg, toch?
    groetjes, Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's looking really lovely. You are making my fingers itch to start one of my own!

    ReplyDelete